4thID Clan Forums
BRAIN

How did you pick your screen name?

I think we had this thread once but I can't find it.

Not what most people think,

BRAIN is from the character played by Harry Dean Stanton in the movie Escape from New York.

Mine is from the tattoo I have on my arm.. I originally was CrazyCam when I started playing games.

I got my name "Thumper" from my time on the drill field as a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. I had a reputation for "Thumping" recruits that got out of line. Thumping is defined as getting in the face (nose to nose) of a recruit and screaming at them while at the same time “Thumping” them in their forehead with the brim of your Smokey. If done properly, the recruit has a dark red line going across the top of the forehead.

I have used the name "Thumper" since I started playing on-line back in 2001 in the old Delta Force Land Warrior games by Nova Logic.

Well my name was from a good friend of mine Heflin was his last name he was german so everytime i played COD im always a german so i chose Heflin as my name. LOL!

when i was a freshman in college i used to hang around some dudes who'd play halo all the time. my username was chosen as mattycakes and i've stuck with cakes ever since.

I started using The Gimp when I was around 13, I can't remember why. Though, now I regret it since it's not as unique as I thought. Oh well, life continues...

Thumper! I thought it was your favorite movie or something. Lol

clipthumper.gif

Well looks like it my turn,as alot of you know i am german but lived in south africa for a long time,now in south africa there is a weed called Black Jack once you get it stuck to your clothes especially your socks they would stick and prick you for a hell of a long time if you didn't remove them,now thats why its JACK coz when i start something i stick to it aslong as it needs dealing with,by the way all of you that come on TS know i have a dog JACK he sticks to me like chewing gum thats worse when i want to play he needs to go for a walk he will stay in the office till i take him so he deserves the name more than me now.

My name obviously came from the movies "The Punisher" the name is kinda generic..... when we used to have the old COD1 crouch server everyone started callign me Pun for short and it just stuck and thats what I go by nowadays.... I used to play under patriot or Stryker... or you might see a Justice Rider hanging around... thats me to!

Well my name is just one i liked after watching FRIDAY. i have used big-worm since well about 14 yrs now if not longer from the old cod games and DIABLO I & II , Warcraft, and others

Dredd17 as most probably figured camed from one of my favorite comics as a kid growing up which is Judge Dredd. The "17" comes from my first badge number when i first became a police officer.

Many years ago (far more than I care to remember) I had the opportunity to participate in the U.S. Army's training exchange program. We would train and work with a unit of another governments military for 60 days. I was lucky enough to get one of the Scottish guards units, don't remember which one now. But, one night while out drinking with a few other Sgt's in a local bar I got this name. A local saw me in uniform and asked who I was. One of the ranking Scottish Sgt's replayed "He's nay one of importance to you". A few years later when I started gaming I remembered him saying that and the name Neywon came about, meaning No One. When I started being Online I again used it as I never give my real name. The second half of the name I use Darkrider came about from a chance comment years later. I was riding in a Poker Run with other bikers when a guy tried to start a fight with me. I say tried because his part in the fight consisted of a swing and hitting the floor and staying there. A few of his buddies got up to continue it when the leader of their group tole them to stop. He said "you don't want to mess with him, there is something rally dark about that rider son". The name Darkson stuck with me after that in the area. And that is the origin of my name Neywon Darkson.

Bishop... well, for those who don't know, I am a pastor. I pastor a church in Columbia, SC (right up from the airport if any of you are ever passing through). I also mentor, train, and "pastor" several pastors across the Southeast (VA, NC, SC, GA, and FL). They mostly refer to me as "Bishop" (which we would refer to as a pastor to pastors -- in my circles). So, when picking a game name, I just went there. I guess this goes to show that I'm not an 'ordinary' Bishop, eh?

Wanted Luke Duke from Dukes of Hazzard because it was my favorite show as a kid and my name is Lucas. Well, when trying to get a yahoo account like that, closest I could get was Lukeduk. Then just added in the year I was born which was 1980. Nothing fancy!

Wanted Luke Duke from Dukes of Hazzard because it was my favorite show as a kid and my name is Lucas. Well, when trying to get a yahoo account like that, closest I could get was Lukeduk. Then just added in the year I was born which was 1980. Nothing fancy!

I always thought your name was Luk-e-duk pronounced Lucky Duck.

The state I reside in now plus the the Dawg for my Alma Mater UGA...GO DAWGS. Also have used Pauly Walnuts...Just liked the name from Sopranos.

Ummmm. story....story...let me think..Nope nothing . Mine is because I am a dad :)

My name.... well... I have severe mental issues and have blackouts and dont remember what i did.

I'm kidding...sorry for leading you on.

I don't know... i guess it sounded cool. I think maybe it was also that i used to be really good at the stock Cod4 and people would say ''man, thats insane''.

Brain, escape from new york.... Good movie.

Well. My name is Adam, i love a good play on words, and when choosing my name for the original COD this was the right fit!

Well I got mine from the old Street Fighter days Shin Gouki means God Devil. I used him alot. here in the US his name way Akuma. but know one knows how to say Gouki right so anyone on TS or vent just calls me Shin lol.

Didn't see that coming.

Man, me neither..................thought it HAD to be the info-commercial for the sham-wow.

i got my name "thumper" from my time on the drill field as a marine corps drill instructor. I had a reputation for "thumping" recruits that got out of line. Thumping is defined as getting in the face (nose to nose) of a recruit and screaming at them while at the same time “thumping” them in their forehead with the brim of your smokey. If done properly, the recruit has a dark red line going across the top of the forehead.

I have used the name "thumper" since i started playing on-line back in 2001 in the old delta force land warrior games by nova logic.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since this thread is going (at least for me):

I was Corporal Golden. USMC.

The likes of Thumper left their brim mark on my face.

nice stories behind the names guy's :) I don't really have one to why I'm named GlitzyGunner really, it just came to my head one day and it's been stuck since lol.

my name termi is from the movie terminater i had that name sence the medal of honor days i shorten it to termi so yhe tags can fit the 600 series had rubber skin. we spotted them easy. listen, and understand .that terminater is out there. it can't be reasoned with it doesn't feel pity. or remorse or fear. and it absolutely will not stop ever until you are dead lol

Mine definatally was from how I am. LOL made you go "WHAT????!!!!" This is how i acually got it.

I don't think anyone here would describe me as that. I got mine beacause i wanted Silent Striker but had to shortened it so Silent Strike then it started getting boring and got silent because I use a lot of silencers and UAV jammers.

I know its a year late but...........|

V

Slickit

SLI-type or graphics setup

C- Closed

KIT-Duh kit

SLICK- duh slick, cause I'm slick

IT- it just fit as in "Just slickit" or "Slickit's the ticket"

I was messing around with names a long time ago a decided to make a name and use it everywhere. I liked the way this one came out since it fit the parameters of an online name being not common, confined to few characters for gaming and unique. I have only run into 2 or 3 instances where the name has been used either on a website or game so it has worked out for me.

Edited by Slickit

BUMP!!! I took this name to pay tribute to the first aircraft I worked in the AF. The C5 Galaxy. The Fred is the acronym we used to describe it: Flippin Ridiculous Engineering Design.

BUMP!!! I took this name to pay tribute to the first aircraft I worked in the AF. The C5 Galaxy. The Fred is the acronym we used to describe it: Flippin Ridiculous Engineering Design.

That's not exactly how I remember you telling it to me Fred:biggrinA:

And yes, Brain, we did have an old thread about this wwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back.

Hello to old friends!

Mine is not from the punk band( although I've been asked that about a billion times), it's from the clown in "IT" by Stephen King.

I got my screen name from my youth. My real name is Bernd, which is German and pronounced like (B-air-nt or Bear-nt). This proved difficult for neighborhood kids who began calling me Baron. Some of them elaborated even further, such as Baron von Richtolphin who was the infamous RedBaron. So Baron stuck with me the rest of my days and today still.

When I was 8 years old I began racing motocross on a Honda XR-75 and my dad had the gas tank custom painted red with an Iron Cross and the words/name RedBaron.

So there ya have it folks! :-)

I worked with abused children. Many had Headlice and it was sad to see the way they were treated. I often found myself buying and treating the children myself. I knew first hand what kind of reaction just the mention of headlice brought and hoped it would cause my COD4 opponents to react in the same way.

Edited by Headlice